Saturday, May 18, 2013

Wonky Log Cabin Squares

Look at these beauties:

BB Log Cabin: Terrie

I was at the Denver Quilt Guild meeting last week when Terrie presented me with these lovely wonky log cabin squares for Bertie's Blanket #3. Terrie has a Midas touch when it comes to her crafts - everything is so beautifully created. These squares are no exception. Thank you soo much :)

The other advantage about sharing them at the Quilt Guild meeting is that I was able to pull off a shameless plug for Bertie's Blankets. Not typically my style (and I may have turned the colour of a beetroot when I asked), but it's for a worthwhile cause. A couple of the ladies were interested and I was extremely thankful for this.

I've actually been doing quite a bit of quilting myself recently (I must update my regular blog). All this sewing activity has piqued the interest of Naomi, who asked if she could make a square. Oh yes! I love that she has an interest in crafts. She picked out a bunch of scraps that she liked from my scrap baskets, and we got to work.

Working on our BB square

The wonky log cabin is a perfect beginners pattern because anything goes.  Naomi certainly had fun with this. Here's the end result, another pretty square:

Ta da

In fact, the little miss was soo pleased that she did a happy dance with the final square :o))

 I'm soo happy I could dance

Hope you are having a lovely weekend,
Sam xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love those squares!! They are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amina, Terrie did a wonderful job :)

      Delete
  2. You're so sweet, Sam :) I was happy to be able to contribute some squares for your project! I love the picture of you and Naomi! The square you both created is lovely and it's awesome that she is so interested in crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie. Yes, I love that she is interested in crafting. :)

      Delete