Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing you all the very best on this Mother's day.

Today my Sister and Nephew dressed up as super heroes and ran a 10K in aid of Trinity Hospice (where Dad was cared for).  It seemed fitting that my sis was dressed as Wonder Woman - a role that all mother's play :)  Super heroes also seemed such a great tribute to all the wonderful people that work, and volunteer, at hospices everywhere.


Wonder Woman and Iron Man

Since it's the beginning of a new month, I wanted to provide a quick update on Bertie's Blankets for Trinity Hospice:

Blanket 1:  Aran blanket in soothing shades of the sea
  • 45 9"x9" squares needed
  • 39 squares received to date
  • Sooooo very close to the finish line :)

Blanket 2:  Sock yarn blanket in bright, happy colours of the rainbow
  • 91 6"x6" squares needed
  • 56 squares received to date
  • We are past the half way mark

Blanket 3:  Wonky log cabin quilt
  • 45 9"x9" squares needed
  • 7 squares received to date
  • Out of the starting gate...
Wishing you all the very best.
Love,
Sam xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wish I can quilt... I have a sewing machine (couldn't say no to FREE) but haven't had time to play with it yet... So... I shall make some more sock yarn squares! They may be repeats of the colors since I have so much of those yarns left... :D - Misun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misun,
      That would be wonderful! We still have a little ways to go on the sock yarn blanket so all and any help is gratefully approeciated. I also did a couple of squares from the same sock yarn :)
      Enjoy the free sewing maching - I just recently learned how to quilt and really enjoy it... another creative outlet :)
      Thanks again,
      Sam

      Delete