Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Feb 1 Progress

We are making a great start on the 3 hospice blankets, thank you!

I've been trying to figure out how many squares we'll need for each of the 3 blankets to get a sense of the progress we've made so far.  It looks like a single blanket size in the UK is approximately 39" x 76". 

For the Coastal Aran Blanket, we'd need 45 of the 9" squares to make a blanket this size. As of 1 Feb, we've created 12 beautiful squares, leaving us 33 more to go. I've heard from a number of you that additional squares are on the way.  Thank you :)

For the Scrappy Sock Blanket we'll need 91 of the 6" squares. As of 1 Feb we've created 31 fabulous squares leaving us 60 more to go.

Most recently I received these lovely 5 squares from Judy at Fiber Experiences.  Thanks soo much Judy, I love these colours and that you were able to contribute so many.

Bertie's Sock: Judy P @ Fiber Experiences

The sock squares are my favourite to work on - I find them quite addicting and love being able to use up leftover odds and ends of sock yarn.  I've also been able to complete a few more since the last post:

Bertie's sock: Sam


Berties Blanket: sam

And last but not least is the wonky log cabin quilt.  We'll need 45 of the 9" squares. I've received 6 so far, leaving 39 to create.   Most recently I received these 3 beauties from Sharon, all the way from Australia!  How cool is that!  (And touched my heart).

Bertie's Blankets: Sharon M

As a reminder, here are the guidelines for the 3 blankets we are working on.

Thanks for your continued support of this project.
Much love,
Sam
xxx

1 comment:

  1. These squares look so great! And very cool that you got some all the way from Australia :)

    ReplyDelete