Sunday, June 7, 2015

Another Blanket to Hospice

Thank you to all who donated sock yarn squares - another blanket was donated to a local hospice this last month.  Porter Hospice in Littleton, Colorado was the recipient.  The sock yarn blankets are so light and colorful, and I cant tell you how thankful I am for your support providing these squares.  Look at how lovely this one turned out:

Bertie's blanket 3

Seaming

Card from hospice for the blankets

This was a very sweet card that the hospice sent, thanking us for the blanket.  My sincere thanks again to everyone that helped.

A couple of you have asked if I am still collecting squares.  Yes, I am :)
I'd love to collect more of the sock yarn squares.  The pattern we've been using is a free ravelry download:  Kraft tanken patches.  It is perfect for using up those scrappy odds and ends of sock yarn.

Thanks again for all the support.
Much love,
Sam xxx

2 comments:

  1. I just heard about your project from Andi's blog and want to make some squares. I found your guidelines and the pattern from Ravelry. The squares are 6 inches, correct? I will be using sock yarn - and I will need your mailing address eventually. My email address should be on my profile with this comment.
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete