Thursday, June 6, 2013

Success: We have enough squares for the Coastal Aran Blanket

Friends,
I received a package in the mail yesterday from Jennie (ColoradoMom on Ravelry) - she'd kindly sent 6 aran squares for the coastal afghan. That brings us to the 45 needed to complete this blanket! 
BB Aran Squares: Jennie

I can't tell you how ridiculously happy I am right now, knowing that we have enough squares to complete the first Bertie's Blanket.  I'll be doing some seaming over the next few weeks, and posting completed pictures here before I send to Trinity Hospice.

BB Aran Squares: Jennie

Thank you soo much Jennie.  I was only expecting a couple of squares in the mail, but knew as soon as my daughter turned the mailbox key that we'd hit the jackpot with your parcel!  Not only did you provide 6 squares (wowza, thank you), but they are soo beautiful, and I'm loving the floral knit bow that you wrapped them with :)  I'll be using that in the blanket as an embellishment, it is soo very pretty.

What a great feeling, thank you all.
Much love,
Sam
xxx

PS - If anyone has aran squares in progress, we can still use them.  Bertie's Blankets will be an ongoing effort, and so I'll be starting a new aran blanket using the same general size/yarn guidelines.  This next one will be using Cath Kidston inspired colours - so we can use blues, greens, creams and add new pops of red and pink.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! That's so exciting :) I really love the floral knit bow Jennie included! I'm happy to help with the seaming, if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the knit bow! I'm going to have to steal that idea when I send gifts from now on!! who needs wrapping when you can have knitted flower bow!

    ReplyDelete