Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1 Progress

"A pinch and a punch for the first of the month, white rabbits!"

You are probably thinking this is an odd way to start a blog post.  :)  Well, it's this quirky little saying that my family use in the UK.  It is said on the first day of every month, and should be the first words uttered when you wake.  The idea is that it brings you good luck for the rest of the month.  So, although these aren't the first words that left my lips this morning, they are the first on this blog post.  I hope it counts :)
(And be thankful you aren't here to get the little pinch and playful punch that goes with it...  I remember mornings as a kid when that's how Mum would wake us up, and if she didn't get me first I have a couple of siblings who were more than willing :o)))
I babble :)

But there is something special about the beginning of anything... a new year, a new month, or even a new day.  There's a promise of good things that could be in store for us, or the chance to start afresh and make new goals.  I hope March brings many wonderful things to you and your families.

February certainly brought many wonderful squares to Bertie's Blankets - we are making excellent progress, thanks to your support.

1. The Coastal Aran blanket is now halfway there, with 22 squares received and notes form many of you that more are on the way.  45 squares needed to complete this one.

2. The Sock Yarn blanket has also made great progress with 37 squares received (again notes that additional squares are in progress or on their way :).  91 squares needed to complete this one.

3. There's also the Wonky Log Cabin with 6 squares received so far.  45 needed to complete this one.

There's still plenty of time to contribute, if you'd like to participate.  I'm going to keep plugging away on these until we have enough squares to complete these blankets.
-->  Guidelines for the blankets are here.

Here are pictures of squares that I received recently:

5 lovely knit and crochet squares from Andi:

Bertie's Blanket: Andi

That's right, if you want to crochet a square, instead of knit one, they are gladly received :)
Thanks so much Andi they are lovely xxx

Marsha has also made this pretty aran square out of the Martha Stewart yarn. This is sooo soft, and I love this serene colour. It is super sophisticated, just like Marsha :) Thank you Marsha xxx

Bertie's Blanket: Marsha

I am trying to keep pace with your kind contributions... here's a couple more that I was able to make, using the Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn:

 Bertie's Blanket: Sam

For the sock blanket, I received this pretty square from Amina.  Amina you are a sweetheart and I m thankful for your support xxx:

 Bertie's Blanket: Amina

And of course, a couple that I was able to work on (I probably mentioned this before:  These are fun, and portable, little squares to work on... and I get a sense of satisfaction knowing that my leftover bits of sock yarn are being put to such good use):

 Berties Blanket: Sam

I need to get cracking and make a couple of the wonky log cabin squares too. Anyone want to join me?

Thanks again for all your kind support.
Wishing you all good things for the month ahead.
Love,
Sam xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment