Saturday, January 12, 2013

Additional thanks to...

I was happy to be able to meet up with some of my local knitter friends today, and was happier still when they started handing over squares that they had knit for Bertie's Blankets:

My heartfelt thanks to you all:

Kim at Knitter in Progress kindly gifted 4 sock yarn squares.  I know, 4! I felt like I had hit the jackpot :)  The shades of green were selected by Kim's daughter, who is obviously in the know as I recently read (I think it was a Vogue knitting email) that emerald green is the pantone colour of the year :)

Bertie's Blankets: Kim @ Knitter in Progress

Terrie at Starspry knit up 3 squares for the coastal afghan.  I think the one with the heart might be my favourite because it visually communicates the love that is put into each of these.  It is such a sweet touch that I'm tempted to do something similar for one of the sock yarn squares, so that each of the blankets we donate has a little heart in the bottom corner of each blanket.

Bertie's Blankets: Terrie @ Starspry

Jennifer shared a couple in this great basket weave pattern.  This is a super stitch pattern and I am really fond of this deeper shade of blue; it is going to provide a lovely contrast to some of the lighter shades that we have collected so far.

Bertie's Blankets: Jennifer C

Cynthia at Virtue of Patience provided this lovely moss stitch square in self-striping shades of lavender, blue and greys.  Cyn, if you read this I'd love to know what yarn you use - it is so pretty and I'd love to make a couple more.

Bertie's Blankets: Cyn

I'm trying to keep pace with all the kind contributions and have also made a couple more for the sock yarn blanket.

Bertie's Blankets: Sam

Thank you.  Your friendship and kind support of this project is dearly appreciated.
Hugs,
Sam
xxx

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you on Saturday! These squares are all so pretty. I really like the different green ones Kim made. I was hoping you'd like the heart square :) Let me know if you need some help putting all the squares together!!

    ReplyDelete